Photo via One Kings Lane and courtesy of Open Road Films
Happy Friday, friends! Here are just a few things that have made me happy lately:
- One King’s Lane talks about the set design of the new movie, “Home Again.” A fun read on creating the character of the home in the film, plus how to achieve a similar look.
- Tissue Turtleneck Tee from J.Crew. A closet staple for this season.
- John Krasinski and Emily Blunt’s Brooklyn Brownstone is for sale, and it’s gorgeous!
- 12 Things Only Professional Cleaners Know. Making note of these tips from the pros for keeping a clean home.
- Madewell Velvet Bell-Sleeve Dress. Thinking holiday with this 90’s-inspired number! Which color do you choose?
- Carly’s black and white outfits. Simple, yet chic, and easy to achieve.
- Caitlin’s Fall Decor Ideas and Home Updates. Love how she is decorating her home! Very cozy and inviting. Also, check out her post here for some major fall fashion inspiration!
- Skinny Pumpkin Chip Smoothie. Another recipe to try this season! Pumpkin, chocolate chips, and packed with protein.
- Alaina’s Living Room Before & After. I always appreciate Alaina’s instagram posts that feature pretty photos of her Greystone home. It’s interesting to see the design process from move-in to today. Talk about a stunning finish!
- Project 62 Wall Mirror. Eyeing this modern beauty for my bedroom. Perfect in its simplicity.
photo via Studio McGee
Happy Friday, friends! Here are a few things that have brought me a little more joy lately:
- Leadership Lessons from Walt Disney: Choose Optimism. An excellent post from The Disney Institute on optimism and how it can (and did) make a difference.
- Floral Eyelet Top. This J.Crew top is a little bit Victorian and very much southern. I just purchased it in ivory.
- New Ginger Jar Stationery from The Grove Street Press. Perfect for handwritten notes to family and friends!
- Hillside Kitchen Remodel by Studio McGee. The floor and open shelving may be my favorite details of the space.
- Madewell Wrap Shirt. Loving this vintage-inspired top! Great color for fall, too. I would wear with a wide leg or flared denim.
- Monogrammed Canvas Weekender. Perfect for those end of summer, weekend getaways. Plus, it’s on sale!
- Skinnytaste’s Chicken Enchiladas. A friend told me these were delicious, and I’m eager to try them. Look so yummy!
- The Best Small Towns for Christmas in the South. Of course, we’ve still got time between now and the Holiday Season, but there are a couple towns here I’d like to check off my holiday travel list. Which would you like to see?
- Jessica’s how-to on wearing a plaid skirt to work. She nailed it! Classic style and a great transitional look for fall.
- A Sweet Valley High movie is coming. If you loved this book series as much as I did, you may be interested to see how the translate it to the big screen.
photo by Tec Petaja
Happy Friday, friends! Here are a few things that made me happy this week.
1. Pencil & Paper Co.’s tablescape for House Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I love the mix of color and texture they chose. So summery and inviting!
2. Tie-shoulder peplum top. A recent purchase that I love. This printed top is just the cutest, colorful piece. Pair with classic or white denim, and you’re all set to go!
3. Pineapple bookends. I can never seem to get enough pineapples! These bookends are my favorite and less than $20! They’re a great way to keep all the books on your summer reading list together.
4. Three Reasons Why Slow Growth is Better than Fast from Lara. An encouraging read I think you’ll appreciate.
5. Four grown-up ice cream floats. One word – YUM!
6. Palm leaves welcome mat. One of my favorite Etsy finds and such a fun welcome for guests!
7. Lilly Pulitzer’s Splash Into Summer Event. If you’ve been eyeing any Lilly lately, now may be a good time to buy. The prettiest free gifts with purchase now through Sunday!
8. Magnolia’s Father’s Day Gift Guide. Perfect for the dad who likes to work with his hands and loves #demoday and Fixer Upper.
9. Memorial Day side dishes from Southern Living. So many recipes from which to choose! I definitely want to try the Tex-Mex Deviled Eggs and the Shout Hallelujah Potato Salad.
10. Lettermade’s American Flag cocktail napkins. Perfect for those red, white, and blue parties you’re hosting this summer!