I’m currently in the market for artwork for the master bedroom and am considering a couple pieces from one of my favorite photographers, Gray Malin.
If you’re not familiar with Gray’s work, let me tell you – his photography is comprised of some of the most beautiful images you’ll ever see. Colorful and stunning with incredible views and playful ideas, they quickly excite and spark joy.
This week I found myself swooning over one of his latest collections: Gray Malin at the Coral Casino. To sum up Gray’s inspiration for this collection – the series pays homage to the splendor of a timeless day spent at the Coral Casino Beach and Cabana Club, evoking a 1960’s resort lifestyle that takes you to the poolside glamour of yesteryear. If you can appreciate that as much as I do, you will love this collection.
Here are just a few of the images, but you can view the full collection and see a fun behind-the-scenes video here.
I get a steady amount of questions about my home. It’s a renovated 1950’s bungalow that belonged to my great aunt and uncle. I lived here with my aunt for a couple years while I finished up college, and a few years ago, I had the opportunity to purchase and make it my home, sweet home. (Something for which I am so grateful!) I’ve since renovated it and have enjoyed making it a light-filled retreat and welcoming place for family and friends. I love decorating. In fact, one of my favorite pastimes is decorating and making a space cozy and inviting. I can spend hours pouring over decor and design inspiration and beautiful pieces that only add to the beauty of a home. Over the years, I’ve added several items to my own home that have become my favorite decor pieces. In no particular order, here they are:
- Blue and white ginger jars. A classic for any southern home. These can be pricey, but I found all of mine at Homegoods for less than $30!
- French stripe tassel pillow. I love blues and this pillow cover from Caitlin Wilson is definitely my favorite. Durable, polished, and perfect for every day. It’s been a great addition to my sofa.
- Antiques. I have a few family antiques in my home, and they are some of the most beloved items I own. They’ve added a little more character to my home, and I appreciate their beauty and history. If you have any antiques that have been handed down to you, consider all options for use. You may not need a cedar chest in your bedroom, but it could make a lovely entry table.
- Ikea Sideboard. What a deal! I use this as a media center. Neatly tucks away all media essentials and keeps the room feeling light and airy in bright white.
- Beachcomber baskets. Great for added texture and holding all the things!
- Pineapple lamp. My affection for pineapples runs deep. This was the best thing to happen to my desktop. (I purchased in white.)
- Positano photograph. I dream of traveling across Italy. This photo takes me there every day. It’s a beautiful picture that hangs in my front room and keeps me inspired.
- Gilded champagne floor mirror. A statement piece and one of the first things people see when they walk through the front door. It makes the whole room feel bigger. Unfortunately, I can no longer find it online to link here, but Wayfair and One Kings Lane carried the mirror when I purchased it.
- Ceramic plate of Mandina’s Restaurant. This was a favorite dining spot for my grandmother and me. My nannie actually purchased this plate for me so I could think of my Maw Maw and also her when I see it.
- Mandalay frames from Framebridge. I’ve had a couple photos framed in these frames, and they give me all the beachy, tropical vibes!
So, tell me! What are your favorites? Any decor pieces you absolutely love having in your home?
It’s beginning to look a lot like Fall, friends! September arrived and like clockwork, I was ready to put out all the pumpkins and fall decor. Small accents here and there. Cozy blankets placed. Marshmallow pumpkin latte-scented candle lit. I love this time of year.
Here are just a few ways I’m embracing the season at home.
cozy plaid blanket by Martha Stewart
marble pumpkin from Homegoods
pumpkin pillow cover from Potterybarn
mercury glass pumpkins from Potterybarn (old, similar here)
kitchen towels from Homegoods
scarecrow luminary jar, a craft fair find
print by Lindsay Letters
How do you welcome the season into your home? Have you set out any fall decor yet?