I’m currently in the market for artwork for the master bedroom and am considering a couple pieces from one of my favorite photographers, Gray Malin.
If you’re not familiar with Gray’s work, let me tell you – his photography is comprised of some of the most beautiful images you’ll ever see. Colorful and stunning with incredible views and playful ideas, they quickly excite and spark joy.
This week I found myself swooning over one of his latest collections: Gray Malin at the Coral Casino. To sum up Gray’s inspiration for this collection – the series pays homage to the splendor of a timeless day spent at the Coral Casino Beach and Cabana Club, evoking a 1960’s resort lifestyle that takes you to the poolside glamour of yesteryear. If you can appreciate that as much as I do, you will love this collection.
Here are just a few of the images, but you can view the full collection and see a fun behind-the-scenes video here.
I get a steady amount of questions about my home. It’s a renovated 1950’s bungalow that belonged to my great aunt and uncle. I lived here with my aunt for a couple years while I finished up college, and a few years ago, I had the opportunity to purchase and make it my home, sweet home. (Something for which I am so grateful!) I’ve since renovated it and have enjoyed making it a light-filled retreat and welcoming place for family and friends. I love decorating. In fact, one of my favorite pastimes is decorating and making a space cozy and inviting. I can spend hours pouring over decor and design inspiration and beautiful pieces that only add to the beauty of a home. Over the years, I’ve added several items to my own home that have become my favorite decor pieces. In no particular order, here they are:
- Blue and white ginger jars. A classic for any southern home. These can be pricey, but I found all of mine at Homegoods for less than $30!
- French stripe tassel pillow. I love blues and this pillow cover from Caitlin Wilson is definitely my favorite. Durable, polished, and perfect for every day. It’s been a great addition to my sofa.
- Antiques. I have a few family antiques in my home, and they are some of the most beloved items I own. They’ve added a little more character to my home, and I appreciate their beauty and history. If you have any antiques that have been handed down to you, consider all options for use. You may not need a cedar chest in your bedroom, but it could make a lovely entry table.
- Ikea Sideboard. What a deal! I use this as a media center. Neatly tucks away all media essentials and keeps the room feeling light and airy in bright white.
- Beachcomber baskets. Great for added texture and holding all the things!
- Pineapple lamp. My affection for pineapples runs deep. This was the best thing to happen to my desktop. (I purchased in white.)
- Positano photograph. I dream of traveling across Italy. This photo takes me there every day. It’s a beautiful picture that hangs in my front room and keeps me inspired.
- Gilded champagne floor mirror. A statement piece and one of the first things people see when they walk through the front door. It makes the whole room feel bigger. Unfortunately, I can no longer find it online to link here, but Wayfair and One Kings Lane carried the mirror when I purchased it.
- Ceramic plate of Mandina’s Restaurant. This was a favorite dining spot for my grandmother and me. My nannie actually purchased this plate for me so I could think of my Maw Maw and also her when I see it.
- Mandalay frames from Framebridge. I’ve had a couple photos framed in these frames, and they give me all the beachy, tropical vibes!
So, tell me! What are your favorites? Any decor pieces you absolutely love having in your home?
photo by Cake & Allie
Hi, friends! It’s been a while, but I fully intend to catch up soon! For now, here are a few things that brought me joy this week (Valentines edition!):
- Heart cinnamon rolls. Cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite comfort foods. What better way to start the day than with something sweet! Make them heart-shaped for a nice Valentine’s Day breakfast. If you’re short on time, opt for the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls and re-shape them. Easy peesy.
- Heart sunglasses valentines. These are so cool and so easy to do-it-yourself with the free printable. Amazon and party stores (or your local Target party aisle) usually carry heart-shaped sunglasses. These would be fun to hand out to co-workers or make with your kids for their class parties.
- Petite lantern earrings. Simple but in the prettiest shade of pink. You could easily dress up any look without even trying!
- Cotton pajama set. How cute is this set? Picture these with your favorite cozy socks or slippers and curled up with a good read, or on the couch for a classic movie (I vote for Breakfast at Tiffany’s or To Catch A Thief!). They’re 30% off right now with code XOXO.
- Heart mug. I was so pleasantly surprised to receive this as a valentine this week and love it. The perfect cup for your morning brew.
Photo via One Kings Lane and courtesy of Open Road Films
Happy Friday, friends! Here are just a few things that have made me happy lately:
- One King’s Lane talks about the set design of the new movie, “Home Again.” A fun read on creating the character of the home in the film, plus how to achieve a similar look.
- Tissue Turtleneck Tee from J.Crew. A closet staple for this season.
- John Krasinski and Emily Blunt’s Brooklyn Brownstone is for sale, and it’s gorgeous!
- 12 Things Only Professional Cleaners Know. Making note of these tips from the pros for keeping a clean home.
- Madewell Velvet Bell-Sleeve Dress. Thinking holiday with this 90’s-inspired number! Which color do you choose?
- Carly’s black and white outfits. Simple, yet chic, and easy to achieve.
- Caitlin’s Fall Decor Ideas and Home Updates. Love how she is decorating her home! Very cozy and inviting. Also, check out her post here for some major fall fashion inspiration!
- Skinny Pumpkin Chip Smoothie. Another recipe to try this season! Pumpkin, chocolate chips, and packed with protein.
- Alaina’s Living Room Before & After. I always appreciate Alaina’s instagram posts that feature pretty photos of her Greystone home. It’s interesting to see the design process from move-in to today. Talk about a stunning finish!
- Project 62 Wall Mirror. Eyeing this modern beauty for my bedroom. Perfect in its simplicity.
photo via Camille Styles
When it comes to fall, weekends at home watching football, Hallmark movies, napping, and seasonal recipes are never far from our thoughts. As the weather cools, we’re eager to gather with family and friends in cozy environments, and often, good food and conversation are at the center of it all. We don’t mind lingering in the kitchen just a little bit longer, so it’s the perfect time to try new recipes and prepare something everyone will enjoy. Hearty, delicious, comfort food simply can’t be beat during this season, and that’s exactly what I find myself gravitating toward. Here are seven recipes I’d love to try this fall:
- Simple Turkey Chili
- Crockpot “Baked” Sweet Potatoes
- Cauliflower Chowder
- Apple & Stilton Harvest Salad
- Almond Butter Pancakes (or Classic Buttermilk Pancakes)
- Brie, Apple, and Honey Crostini
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Frosting